Adobe Air, Inc.
Advanced Accessory Systems
Aerolink International, Inc.
American Achievement Corporation
Americast Technologies, Inc.
Ames True Temper
Advantage Drilling Fluids
Associated Packaging Technologies
Austar United Communications Ltd.
Baker & Taylor
Bravo Developement Inc.
Caribbean Restaurants, LLC
Castle Harlan, Inc.
Charlie Brown's, Inc.
Delaware Management Holdings, Inc.
Educational Communications, Inc.
Equipment Support Services, Inc.
Ethan Allen Interiors, Inc.
Gold Star Foods, Inc.
Gravograph Industrie International
Horizon Line Holding Corp.
IDQ Holdings, Inc.
INDSPEC Chemical Corporation
Ion Track Instrument
Land 'N' Sea Distributing, Inc.
Luther's Bar-B-Q, Inc.
MAG Aerospace Industries, Inc.
Marie Callender's Restaurant & Bakery
McCormick & Schmick Management Group
Morton's Restaurant Group, Inc.
Norcast Wear Solutions
Perkins & Marie Callender's, Inc.
Pretium Packaging, LLC
Securus Technologies, Inc.
Smarte Carte Corporation
StackTeck Systems Incorporated
Statia Terminals Group N.V.
Taylor Publishing Company
Tradesco Mold Ltd
Truck Components Inc.
United Malt Holdings
Universal Compression, Inc.
US Synthetic Coporation
Verdugt Holdings, Inc.
Worldwide Flight Services, Inc.
March 14, 2007
Castle Harlan Sells Gravograph and Technifor, Global Leader in Permanent Marking Tools
NEW YORK, March 14, 2007 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York-based private equity investment firm, announced today it and members of management have sold the Gravograph-Technifor Group, the world leader in the manufacture of permanent marking machines, devices, accessories…
NEW YORK, March 7, 2007 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York-based private equity investment firm, announced today that its Australian affiliate, CHAMP Private Equity, has acquired Blue Star Print Group Ltd., the leading printing company in New Zealand. The…
NEW YORK, November 21, 2006 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York private equity investment firm, announced today it has completed the purchase of AmeriCast Technologies, Inc., a North American leader in the design and manufacture of large, complex steel…
November 14, 2006
Castle Harlan To Buy AmeriCast, A Leading North American Producer of Steel Castings
NEW YORK, November 14, 2006 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York private equity firm, announced today that an investment fund it manages has agreed to acquire AmeriCast Technologies, Inc., a North American leader in the design and manufacture of…
NEW YORK, September 12, 2006 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York-based private-equity investment firm, and CHAMP Private Equity, its affiliate based in Sydney, Australia, announced today that private-equity investment funds they manage have acquired Great Western Malting, Canada Malting…
September 06, 2006
Advanced Accessory Systems Completes Sale Of Its Towing System Businesses to Thule for $203 million
STERLING HEIGHTS, Michigan, September 6, 2006 - Advanced Accessory Systems (AAS), a leading maker of automotive roof racks and towing systems, announced today that it has completed the divestiture of its towing system businesses in the U.S. and Europe to…
August 04, 2006
Castle Harlan Australian Affiliate Agrees to Buy Leading International Private Education Group
NEW YORK, August 4, 2006 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York private equity investment firm, announced today that its Australian affiliate, CHAMP Private Equity, had agreed to acquire Study Group International, one of the world's largest private providers of…
New York, July 27, 2006 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York-based private equity firm, announced today that a company controlled by its Australian affiliate CHAMP Private Equity has acquired two specialty transport companies, one a U.S. enterprise, in transactions…
July 05, 2006
Castle Harlan Completes Purchase of Baker & Taylor, Leading Distributor of Books to Libraries and Stores
NEW YORK, July 5, 2006 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York-based private equity firm, announced today it has completed the acquisition of Baker & Taylor, a leading global distributor of books and entertainment products to libraries and retailers. The…
July 05, 2006
Two Private Equity Investment Firms Complete Purchase of Upscale Casual Italian Restaurants
NEW YORK, July 5, 2006 - Two New York-based private equity investment firms, Castle Harlan, Inc., and Bruckmann, Rosser, Sherrill & Co. (BRS), announced today that their joint acquisition of Bravo Development Inc., operator of 50 upscale casual Italian restaurants,…
NEW YORK, June 1, 2006 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York private equity investment firm, announced today the widely anticipated promotion of Justin B. Wender to president of the firm. He succeeds Leonard M. Harlan, who will continue his…
May 11, 2006
Castle Harlan Agrees to Acquire Baker & Taylor, Leading Distributor of Books to Libraries, Stores
NEW YORK, May 11, 2006 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York-based private equity investment firm, announced today that a private-equity investment fund it organized and manages has agreed to buy privately held Baker & Taylor, a leading domestic and…
MEMPHIS, Tenn., May 3, 2006 - The Restaurant Company (TRC), operator and franchisor of a national chain of family restaurants under the Perkins Restaurant & Bakery name, and Marie Callender's, a chain of casual dining restaurants best known for freshly…
CHAMP Ventures, the mid-market private equity specialists of the CHAMP Group, today announced that the close of its new fund, CHAMP Ventures Investment Trust Numbers 6A and 6B (CVIT #6) oversubscribed at A$300 million. Demand for the CVIT#6 funds greatly…
April 19, 2006
Castle Harlan's Australian Affiliate, CHAMP, Acquires Leading Specialty Food Companies
NEW YORK, April 19, 2006 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York private equity investment firm, announced today that a holding company formed by its Australian affiliate, CHAMP Private Equity, had acquired four top distributors of branded specialty foods in…
MEMPHIS, Tenn., April 10, 2006 - The Restaurant Company (TRC), operator and franchisor of a national chain of restaurants under the Perkins Restaurant & Bakery name, announced today it is pursuing an acquisition of Marie Callender's Restaurant & Bakery, a…
March 17, 2006
Horizon Lines Charters New Ships Vessel enhancement program commences for America's largest domestic ocean container carrier
CHARLOTTE, N.C., March 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The leading American domestic ocean carrier, Horizon Lines, Inc. (NYSE: HRZ) announced today it reached an agreement in principle to charter five new U.S. flag, foreign built vessels for 12 year terms from Ship…
NEW YORK, February 7, 2006 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York-based private equity investment firm, announced today that it has purchased RathGibson, Inc., a leading manufacturer of highly engineered premium stainless steel and alloy welded tubing products, in a…
Private equity investing is one of the hottest games in town, and Castle Harlan is one of its most respected players. The firm, founded by John Castle and Leonard Harlan in 1987, has acquired 47 companies with a total value…
NEW YORK, December 12, 2005 - Castle Harlan, Inc., a leading New York private equity investment firm, has won the award for the 2005 International/Cross Border Deal of the Year for its acquisition of Polypipe Group, a major supplier of…
In The Media
- July 18, 2014 Women's PE Briefs: Heather Faust - Reprints
- May 02, 2014 Women's PE Briefs: Joyce Demonteverde Schnoedl - Reprints
- March 24, 2014 Talking Top Quartile with Castle Harlan's Bill Pruellage, Howard Morgan
- February 21, 2014 A GP’s View On The Merits Of LP Co-Investment
- October 08, 2013 Interview with Joyce Demonteverde Schnoedl at the Buyouts West Conference
- September 02, 2013 Returns From 2008 Vintage Give Industry Shot In Arm
- July 16, 2013 Howard Morgan: Different Investment Strategies
- May 10, 2013 John K. Castle - Taking Stock
- March 12, 2013 Bloomberg Brief: Leonard Harlan
- December 24, 2012 America Today: The Good News by Leonard Harlan
- December 10, 2012 John Castle - Money Moves & Bottom Line
- October 09, 2012 An Interview with Joyce Demonteverde Schnoedl - 2012
- October 09, 2012 Panel discussion with Howard Morgan - 2012
- May 07, 2012 Howard Morgan Conversation: “In Search of a Few Good Deals”
- October 11, 2011 2011 Interviews
- October 03, 2011 Howard Morgan International M&A Leadership Award
- October 01, 2011 An Interview with John Castle
- June 01, 2011 John Castle Interviewed
- March 07, 2011 Howard Morgan - View From The US
- July 16, 2010 Howard Morgan: Australia’s Rebound from the Global Financial Crisis
- April 30, 2008 My Mentor - Castle Building
- September 30, 2007 Cross Border - Aussie Rules
- April 02, 2007 Private Equity Paranoia
- January 14, 2007 Private Equity Deals - Join the Club
- September 19, 2005 Too Much Money, Too Few Deals - A Conversation with Four Members of the Buyout Industry
- April 18, 2005 Takeouts - Restaurants Serve Up Enticing Properties for Private Equity Firms and Eager Lenders
- August 11, 2004 Crossing Borders - Castle Harlan Taps Global Relationships to Nurture an Australian Affiliate
- June 21, 2004 The LBO Method
- June 14, 2004 Castle Harlan Looks Down Under
- November 01, 2003 JFK Slept Here