Adobe Air, Inc.
Advanced Accessory Systems
Aerolink International, Inc.
American Achievement Corporation
Americast Technologies, Inc.
Ames True Temper
Advantage Drilling Fluids
Associated Packaging Technologies
Austar United Communications Ltd.
Baker & Taylor
Bravo Developement Inc.
Caribbean Restaurants, LLC
Castle Harlan, Inc.
Charlie Brown's, Inc.
Delaware Management Holdings, Inc.
Educational Communications, Inc.
Equipment Support Services, Inc.
Ethan Allen Interiors, Inc.
Gold Star Foods, Inc.
Gravograph Industrie International
Horizon Line Holding Corp.
IDQ Holdings, Inc.
INDSPEC Chemical Corporation
Ion Track Instrument
Land 'N' Sea Distributing, Inc.
Luther's Bar-B-Q, Inc.
MAG Aerospace Industries, Inc.
Marie Callender's Restaurant & Bakery
McCormick & Schmick Management Group
Morton's Restaurant Group, Inc.
Norcast Wear Solutions
Perkins & Marie Callender's, Inc.
Pretium Packaging, LLC
Securus Technologies, Inc.
Smarte Carte Corporation
StackTeck Systems Incorporated
Statia Terminals Group N.V.
Taylor Publishing Company
Tradesco Mold Ltd
Truck Components Inc.
United Malt Holdings
Universal Compression, Inc.
US Synthetic Coporation
Verdugt Holdings, Inc.
Worldwide Flight Services, Inc.
New Hyde Park, NY, July 25, 2002 - Morton's Restaurant Group (NYSE:MRG) today reported that it had completed its previously announced merger with affiliates of Castle Harlan. Allen J. Bernstein, President and Chief Executive Officer of Morton's said, "We are…
New York, July 1, 2002 - Carret and Company, the New York-based money-management firm, announced today that it had acquired Manchester Capital Corporation, a New York money-management firm. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. The two firms have very…
New York, June 3, 2002 - Carret and Company, Inc., the New York-based money-management firm, announced today the appointment of W. Denman Zirkle as its chief executive officer. Founded in 1963, the firm currently has approximately $2 billion in assets…
March 27, 2002
Morton's Restaurant Group Announces Definitive Merger Agreement To Be Acquired For $12.60 Per Share; Castle Harlan, Inc. To Lead Buyout
New Hyde Park, NY, March 27, 2002 - Morton's Restaurant Group, Inc. (NYSE:MRG) announced today that it has entered into a definitive merger agreement providing for the acquisition of Morton's by an affiliate of Castle Harlan, Inc., a New York…
New York, January 7, 2002 - Castle Harlan, Inc. the New York-based private equity investment firm, announced today that its Australian affiliate had completed the purchase of the Bradken group from the Smorgon Steel Company in a transaction valued at…
Public Shareholders to Receive $18 per Share Tumbledown Dick Bay, St. Eustatius, N.A. November 13, 2001 - Marine terminal operator Statia Terminals Group N.V. ("Statia" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:STNV) announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement under…
October 17, 2001
Despite Terrorist Attacks, Castle Harlan Closes Sale Of Worldwide Flight Services To French Company
New York, October 17, 2001 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York-based merchant bank, announced today that it had completed the sale of Worldwide Flight Services of Fort Worth, Texas, the world's leading independent provider of ground services to the…
August 22, 2001
Two New York Buyout Firms Complete Purchase Of McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants
New York, August 22, 2001 - Two New York-based private equity investment firms, Castle Harlan, Inc., and Bruckmann, Rosser, Sherrill and Co., Inc. (BRS), announced today they had completed their purchase of McCormick & Schmick's seafood restaurants from Avado Brands,…
Houston, June 28, 2001 - Universal Compression Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: UCO) today announced its public offering of 4.0 million shares of its common stock at a price of $28.50 per share, consisting of 1.33 million shares offered by the Company…
NEW YORK, June 8, 2001 - Two New York-based private equity investment firms, Castle Harlan, Inc., and Bruckmann, Rosser, Sherrill and Co., Inc. (BRS), announced today they had jointly signed an agreement to buy McCormick & Schmick's seafood restaurants from…
NEW YORK, April 3, 2001 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York-based merchant bank, announced today that Commemorative Brands Holding Corp., one of the nation's leaders in class rings and yearbooks, has acquired Educational Communications, Inc., the leading publisher of…
NEW YORK, December 19, 2000 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today that it has acquired a controlling interest in Associated Packaging Enterprises, Inc. (APEI), a leading manufacturer of specialty packaging for frozen foods. Terms of…
November 14, 2000
Castle Harlan Australian Mezzanine Partners Acquires Sheridan Australia's Worldwide Bed and Bath Linen Business
NEW YORK, November 14, 2000 - Castle Harlan, Inc., manager of the Castle Harlan Australian Mezzanine Partners Worldwide funds, together with the funds managed by Castle Harlan Australian Mezzanine Partners Pty. Limited (CHAMP) and management of Sheridan Australia Pty. Limited,…
NEW YORK, May 3, 2000 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today the acquisition of Gravograph Industrie International, the world's leading maker and seller of machines, accessories and materials used in the engraving industry. The transaction…
February 25, 2000
Statia Terminals Announces First Quarter Distribution is Unlikely Due to Adverse Oil Market Conditions
ST. EUSTATIUS, NETHERLANDS ANTILLES, February 25, 2000 - Statia Terminals Group N.V. ("Statia" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: STNV) announced today that it is continuing to be affected by the high market price of crude oil and the uncertainty surrounding future…
NEW YORK, February 14, 2000 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, said today it had completed the acquisition of Taylor Publishing Company, one of the nation's leading publishers of high school and college yearbooks, from Insilco Holding…
NEW YORK, January 25, 2000 -- Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, said today that it has joined with the senior management of Ion Track Instruments (ITI) to purchase the company, the world's leading manufacturer of instruments that…
NEW YORK, January 13, 2000 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today the formation of Equipment Support Services, Inc., with the purchase by Castle Harlan and management of four distributorships of Case Corp. construction equipment. The…
NEW YORK, December 20, 1999 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today it had reached a definitive agreement with Insilco Holding Co. to acquire Insilco's subsidiary, Taylor Publishing Company, one of the nation's leading publishers of…
NEW YORK, November 3, 1999 -- Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, said today a private equity investment fund it manages had completed the acquisition of AdobeAir, Inc., one of the nation's leading manufacturers of evaporative coolers and…
In The Media
- July 18, 2014 Women's PE Briefs: Heather Faust - Reprints
- May 02, 2014 Women's PE Briefs: Joyce Demonteverde Schnoedl - Reprints
- March 24, 2014 Talking Top Quartile with Castle Harlan's Bill Pruellage, Howard Morgan
- February 21, 2014 A GP’s View On The Merits Of LP Co-Investment
- October 08, 2013 Interview with Joyce Demonteverde Schnoedl at the Buyouts West Conference
- September 02, 2013 Returns From 2008 Vintage Give Industry Shot In Arm
- July 16, 2013 Howard Morgan: Different Investment Strategies
- May 10, 2013 John K. Castle - Taking Stock
- March 12, 2013 Bloomberg Brief: Leonard Harlan
- December 24, 2012 America Today: The Good News by Leonard Harlan
- December 10, 2012 John Castle - Money Moves & Bottom Line
- October 09, 2012 An Interview with Joyce Demonteverde Schnoedl - 2012
- October 09, 2012 Panel discussion with Howard Morgan - 2012
- May 07, 2012 Howard Morgan Conversation: “In Search of a Few Good Deals”
- October 11, 2011 2011 Interviews
- October 03, 2011 Howard Morgan International M&A Leadership Award
- October 01, 2011 An Interview with John Castle
- June 01, 2011 John Castle Interviewed
- March 07, 2011 Howard Morgan - View From The US
- July 16, 2010 Howard Morgan: Australia’s Rebound from the Global Financial Crisis
- April 30, 2008 My Mentor - Castle Building
- September 30, 2007 Cross Border - Aussie Rules
- April 02, 2007 Private Equity Paranoia
- January 14, 2007 Private Equity Deals - Join the Club
- September 19, 2005 Too Much Money, Too Few Deals - A Conversation with Four Members of the Buyout Industry
- April 18, 2005 Takeouts - Restaurants Serve Up Enticing Properties for Private Equity Firms and Eager Lenders
- August 11, 2004 Crossing Borders - Castle Harlan Taps Global Relationships to Nurture an Australian Affiliate
- June 21, 2004 The LBO Method
- June 14, 2004 Castle Harlan Looks Down Under
- November 01, 2003 JFK Slept Here