Adobe Air, Inc.
Advanced Accessory Systems
Aerolink International, Inc.
American Achievement Corporation
Americast Technologies, Inc.
Ames True Temper
Advantage Drilling Fluids
Associated Packaging Technologies
Austar United Communications Ltd.
Baker & Taylor
Bravo Developement Inc.
Caribbean Restaurants, LLC
Castle Harlan, Inc.
Charlie Brown's, Inc.
Delaware Management Holdings, Inc.
Educational Communications, Inc.
Equipment Support Services, Inc.
Ethan Allen Interiors, Inc.
Gold Star Foods, Inc.
Gravograph Industrie International
Horizon Line Holding Corp.
IDQ Holdings, Inc.
INDSPEC Chemical Corporation
Ion Track Instrument
Land 'N' Sea Distributing, Inc.
Luther's Bar-B-Q, Inc.
MAG Aerospace Industries, Inc.
Marie Callender's Restaurant & Bakery
McCormick & Schmick Management Group
Morton's Restaurant Group, Inc.
Norcast Wear Solutions
Perkins & Marie Callender's, Inc.
Pretium Packaging, LLC
Securus Technologies, Inc.
Smarte Carte Corporation
StackTeck Systems Incorporated
Statia Terminals Group N.V.
Taylor Publishing Company
Tradesco Mold Ltd
Truck Components Inc.
United Malt Holdings
Universal Compression, Inc.
US Synthetic Coporation
Verdugt Holdings, Inc.
Worldwide Flight Services, Inc.
NEW YORK, October 13, 1997 -- Matrix Global Investments, an operating company in the investment management business that was recently capitalized by New York merchant bank Castle Harlan, Inc., announced today the acquisition of Carret and Company, a money management…
NEW YORK, September 3, -- Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today its sponsorship of Matrix Global Investment, Inc., a new company that is being capitalized at $60 million to invest in money management firms. Castle Harlan…
NEW YORK, June 24 -- Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today that Castle Harlan Partners III has acquired Charlie Brown's, Inc., a restaurant company that operates in New Jersey and suburban New York, for $50.4 million…
NEW YORK, March 10 -- Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today that it had completed the sale of McCormick & Schmick's restaurants of Portland, Oregon, to Apple South, Inc. (Nasdaq/NM:APSO), a large restaurant company based in…
NEW YORK, March 3, 1997 -- Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today the closing of its third private equity investment partnership with commitments of $610 million. The investors include public and private pension funds, private foundations,…
NEW YORK, February 11, 1997 -- Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, reported today that an investment fund it manages had bought a 60 percent interest in U.S. Synthetic Corporation, the world's largest independent manufacturer of synthetic diamonds…
NEW YORK, February 6, 1997-Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today it had signed an agreement to sell McCormick & Schmick's restaurants of Portland, Oregon, to Apple South, Inc. (NASDAQ/NM:APSO), a large restaurant company based in Madison,…
December 17, 1996
Castle Harlan Partnership Completes Acquisition Of Balfour and ArtCarved Class Ring Businesses
NEW YORK, December 17 -- Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today that an investment partnership it manages had completed the purchase of two businesses that make and market school rings for college and high school students…
NEW YORK, December 2 -- Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today that an investment fund it manages had completed the purchase, with management, of the Statia group of marine terminal companies from Praxair, Inc. (NYSE: PX)…
NEW YORK, November 7 -- Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today that its portfolio company, MAG Aerospace Industries, Inc., had signed a definitive agreement to acquire Aero-design Technology, Inc., in a transaction valued at approximately $12…
NEW YORK, November 7 -- Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today the sale of its interest in Smarte Carte Corporation, the world's leading airport baggage cart and locker services company, to Haas Wheat & Partners, a…
NEW YORK, October 24, 1996 -- Harlan, Inc. the New York merchant bank, announced today that its investment partnership, Castle Harlan Partners H, L.P., had acquired a controlling equity interest in Tradesco Mold Limited, the leading North American manufacturer of…
NEW YORK, September 25, 1996 -- Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today that an investment partnership it manages had agreed to buy, in conjunction with management, the Statia group of marine terminal companies from Praxair, Inc.…
May 23, 1996
Castle Harlan Investment Group Agrees to Acquire Balfour and ArtCarved Class Ring Businesses
NEW YORK, May 23 -- Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today that its investment partnership, Castle Harlan Partners II, L.P., through a newly-formed company, Class Rings, Inc., has signed agreements to acquire and combine businesses that…
NEW YORK, April 29 -- Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, said today that an affiliated investment partnership had completed the previously announced sale of its stake in INDSPEC Chemical Corporation to Occidental Petroleum Corp. as part of…
NEW YORK, April 26 -- Castle Harlan Inc., the New York-based merchant bank, announced today the closing of its new investment fund, Castle Harlan Partners II, L.P., with commitments from limited partners of $254 million. John Castle, chairman of Castle…
In The Media
- July 18, 2014 Women's PE Briefs: Heather Faust - Reprints
- May 02, 2014 Women's PE Briefs: Joyce Demonteverde Schnoedl - Reprints
- March 24, 2014 Talking Top Quartile with Castle Harlan's Bill Pruellage, Howard Morgan
- February 21, 2014 A GP’s View On The Merits Of LP Co-Investment
- October 08, 2013 Interview with Joyce Demonteverde Schnoedl at the Buyouts West Conference
- September 02, 2013 Returns From 2008 Vintage Give Industry Shot In Arm
- July 16, 2013 Howard Morgan: Different Investment Strategies
- May 10, 2013 John K. Castle - Taking Stock
- March 12, 2013 Bloomberg Brief: Leonard Harlan
- December 24, 2012 America Today: The Good News by Leonard Harlan
- December 10, 2012 John Castle - Money Moves & Bottom Line
- October 09, 2012 An Interview with Joyce Demonteverde Schnoedl - 2012
- October 09, 2012 Panel discussion with Howard Morgan - 2012
- May 07, 2012 Howard Morgan Conversation: “In Search of a Few Good Deals”
- October 11, 2011 2011 Interviews
- October 03, 2011 Howard Morgan International M&A Leadership Award
- October 01, 2011 An Interview with John Castle
- June 01, 2011 John Castle Interviewed
- March 07, 2011 Howard Morgan - View From The US
- July 16, 2010 Howard Morgan: Australia’s Rebound from the Global Financial Crisis
- April 30, 2008 My Mentor - Castle Building
- September 30, 2007 Cross Border - Aussie Rules
- April 02, 2007 Private Equity Paranoia
- January 14, 2007 Private Equity Deals - Join the Club
- September 19, 2005 Too Much Money, Too Few Deals - A Conversation with Four Members of the Buyout Industry
- April 18, 2005 Takeouts - Restaurants Serve Up Enticing Properties for Private Equity Firms and Eager Lenders
- August 11, 2004 Crossing Borders - Castle Harlan Taps Global Relationships to Nurture an Australian Affiliate
- June 21, 2004 The LBO Method
- June 14, 2004 Castle Harlan Looks Down Under
- November 01, 2003 JFK Slept Here