Adobe Air, Inc.
Advanced Accessory Systems
Aerolink International, Inc.
American Achievement Corporation
Americast Technologies, Inc.
Ames True Temper
Advantage Drilling Fluids
Associated Packaging Technologies
Austar United Communications Ltd.
Baker & Taylor
Bravo Developement Inc.
Caribbean Restaurants, LLC
Castle Harlan, Inc.
Charlie Brown's, Inc.
Delaware Management Holdings, Inc.
Educational Communications, Inc.
Equipment Support Services, Inc.
Ethan Allen Interiors, Inc.
Gold Star Foods, Inc.
Gravograph Industrie International
Horizon Line Holding Corp.
IDQ Holdings, Inc.
INDSPEC Chemical Corporation
Ion Track Instrument
Land 'N' Sea Distributing, Inc.
Luther's Bar-B-Q, Inc.
MAG Aerospace Industries, Inc.
Marie Callender's Restaurant & Bakery
McCormick & Schmick Management Group
Morton's Restaurant Group, Inc.
Norcast Wear Solutions
Perkins & Marie Callender's, Inc.
Pretium Packaging, LLC
Securus Technologies, Inc.
Smarte Carte Corporation
StackTeck Systems Incorporated
Statia Terminals Group N.V.
Taylor Publishing Company
Tradesco Mold Ltd
Truck Components Inc.
United Malt Holdings
Universal Compression, Inc.
US Synthetic Coporation
Verdugt Holdings, Inc.
Worldwide Flight Services, Inc.
NEW YORK, October 13, 1999 - Carret and Company, the New York money management firm, announced today that two experienced and successful equity portfolio managers -- Arthur Gray, Jr. and R. Stephen Bartholow, Jr. -- had joined the firm. William…
FORT WORTH, Texas, August 24, 1999 -- Worldwide Flight Services, one of the world's largest providers of ground services to the aviation industry, announced today its second acquisition within two weeks - Aerolink International, Inc., of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Terms of…
August 16, 1999
New Acquisition By Worldwide Flight Services Expands Global Operations To 82 Airports
FORT WORTH, Texas, August 16 - Worldwide Flight Services, one of the world's largest providers of ground services to the aviation industry, announced today the purchase of Miami Aircraft Support, Inc. (MAS), of Miami, Florida, in a transaction valued at…
AUSTIN, Texas, August 11 - Commemorative Brands, Inc., one of the nation's largest manufacturers and sellers of class rings for high school and college students, announced today the appointment of David G. Fiore as president and chief executive officer, effective…
NEW YORK, June 23 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York-based merchant bank, announced today that StackTeck Systems Incorporated, the largest independent plastic injection mold-maker in North America, has acquired Unique Mould Makers Limited of Toronto in a transaction valued…
FORT WORTH, Texas, June 2, 1999 -- Worldwide Flight Services, one of the world's leading providers of ground services to the aviation industry, announced today the appointment of Mark Dunkerley as chief operating officer, a new position. Dunkerley will be…
NEW YORK, April 5 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, said today a private equity investment fund it manages had completed the acquisition of AMR Services, a subsidiary of AMR Corporation, the parent of American Airlines. The…
March 01, 1999
Investment Group Led by Castle Harlan of the U.S. Acquires Acid Salts Businesses From BP Amoco
The Verdugt B.V. group of acid salts businesses, headquartered at Tiel, the Netherlands, has been sold by BP Amoco to a group of investors led by New York merchant bank Castle Harlan in conjunction with principals of US Salt and…
NEW YORK, December 28, 1998 - Castle Harlan Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today that it had signed a definitive agreement to acquire AMR Services, a subsidiary of AMR Corporation, the parent of American Airlines. The terms were…
Houston, TX - December 10, 1998 - The management of Luther's Bar-B-Q, Inc. (Luther's®) together with Castle Harlan Partners III, L.P., a $630 million private equity fund managed by Castle Harlan, Inc. (Castle Harlan), a New York merchant bank, has…
NEW YORK, December 8, 1998 - James R. Tesone, a highly regarded fixed-income portfolio manager, has joined Carret and Company, the New York money management firm, as senior managing director and chief investment officer - fixed income. The appointment was…
NEW YORK, October 1, 1998 - Castle Harlan Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today the formation of a holding company, StackTeck Systems Incorporated, the largest independent plastic injection mold-maker in North America with expected 1998 sales of $40…
NEW YORK, May 29, 1998 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today the sale of its majority interest in U.S. Synthetic Corporation, the world's largest independent manufacturer of synthetic diamonds used in oil and gas drill…
NEW YORK, February 20, 1998 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today it had completed the acquisition of the compression services division of Tidewater, Inc. (NYSE: TDW) in a $360 million transaction. The division, which had…
NEW YORK, February 6, 1998 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today the acquisition of Land 'N' Sea, Inc., one of the largest distributors of marine accessories to the recreational boating industry. The purchase price was…
February 02, 1998
Castle Harlan Completes Sale Of MAG Aerospace, Leader in Aircraft Toilets And Trash Compactors
NEW YORK, February 2, 1998 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today it had completed the sale of MAG Aerospace Industries, Inc., the world's leading manufacturer of aircraft toilets and trash compactors, to Zodiac S.A., a…
December 21, 1997
Castle Harlan To Sell MAG Aerospace, World Leader In Aircraft Toilets, Trash Compactors, For $180 Million
NEW YORK, December 21, 1997 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today that an investment partnership it manages had signed a definitive agreement to sell MAG Aerospace Industries, Inc., the worldwide leader in aircraft sanitation systems…
NEW YORK, December 18,1997 - Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today that an investment partnership it man-ages had signed a definitive agreement to acquire Tidewater Compression Service, Inc., a division of Tidewater, Inc. (NYSE: TDW), of…
NEW YORK, October 13, 1997 -- Matrix Global Investments, an operating company in the investment management business that was recently capitalized by New York merchant bank Castle Harlan, Inc., announced today the acquisition of Carret and Company, a money management…
NEW YORK, September 3, -- Castle Harlan, Inc., the New York merchant bank, announced today its sponsorship of Matrix Global Investment, Inc., a new company that is being capitalized at $60 million to invest in money management firms. Castle Harlan…
In The Media
- July 18, 2014 Women's PE Briefs: Heather Faust - Reprints
- May 02, 2014 Women's PE Briefs: Joyce Demonteverde Schnoedl - Reprints
- March 24, 2014 Talking Top Quartile with Castle Harlan's Bill Pruellage, Howard Morgan
- February 21, 2014 A GP’s View On The Merits Of LP Co-Investment
- October 08, 2013 Interview with Joyce Demonteverde Schnoedl at the Buyouts West Conference
- September 02, 2013 Returns From 2008 Vintage Give Industry Shot In Arm
- July 16, 2013 Howard Morgan: Different Investment Strategies
- May 10, 2013 John K. Castle - Taking Stock
- March 12, 2013 Bloomberg Brief: Leonard Harlan
- December 24, 2012 America Today: The Good News by Leonard Harlan
- December 10, 2012 John Castle - Money Moves & Bottom Line
- October 09, 2012 An Interview with Joyce Demonteverde Schnoedl - 2012
- October 09, 2012 Panel discussion with Howard Morgan - 2012
- May 07, 2012 Howard Morgan Conversation: “In Search of a Few Good Deals”
- October 11, 2011 2011 Interviews
- October 03, 2011 Howard Morgan International M&A Leadership Award
- October 01, 2011 An Interview with John Castle
- June 01, 2011 John Castle Interviewed
- March 07, 2011 Howard Morgan - View From The US
- July 16, 2010 Howard Morgan: Australia’s Rebound from the Global Financial Crisis
- April 30, 2008 My Mentor - Castle Building
- September 30, 2007 Cross Border - Aussie Rules
- April 02, 2007 Private Equity Paranoia
- January 14, 2007 Private Equity Deals - Join the Club
- September 19, 2005 Too Much Money, Too Few Deals - A Conversation with Four Members of the Buyout Industry
- April 18, 2005 Takeouts - Restaurants Serve Up Enticing Properties for Private Equity Firms and Eager Lenders
- August 11, 2004 Crossing Borders - Castle Harlan Taps Global Relationships to Nurture an Australian Affiliate
- June 21, 2004 The LBO Method
- June 14, 2004 Castle Harlan Looks Down Under
- November 01, 2003 JFK Slept Here